Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti, a self governing organization under HRD, Deptt. Of School Education, Govt. of India, Uttar Pradesh, has released a notification for recruitment of teachers in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNV) as Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) & Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) for various districts of the country. Circular is available on the website www.navodaya.nic.in. Aspiring Indian nationals who meet the eligibility criteria for the post can apply by filling up online application from 1st to 28th Feb-2014. Eligibility criteria, details of vacancies and other details can be found in the following paragraphs.
Eligibility: PG / Graduate
No. of Vacancies: 937 Posts
Last Date: 28/02/2014
01. Post Graduate Teacher (PGT)
- Vacancy: 514 Posts (UR-235, OBC-74, SC-111, ST-94)
- Pay Scale: Rs.9300-34800 + Rs.4800 GP
- Age Limit: Maximum 40 years as on 31/01/2014
- Qualification: Having completed 2 years integrated PG M.Sc Course in concerned subject with 50% from Regional College of Education of NCERT OR they should have Master’s Degree with 50% marks in relevant subjects from a recognized university. B.Ed or equivalent from a recognized university. They should be proficient in teaching English and Hindi language.
02. Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT)
- Vacancy: 423 Posts (UR-190, OBC-27, SC-81, ST-125)
- Pay Scale: Rs.9300 to 34800 + Rs.4600 GP
- Age Limit: Maximum 35 years as on 31/01/2014
- Qualifications: They should have done 4 year integrated degree course in concerned subject with 50% marks from regional college of education of NCERT OR should have Graduate Degree with 50% from a recognized university in relevant subject. In addition, they should have completed B.Ed or equivalent from a recognized university and should have passed CTET organized by CBSE. They should be able to teach Hindi and English / concerned regional language.
Age Relaxation: SC / ST category will be provided age relaxation upto 5 years. For OBC category, it will be given upto 03 years. 10 years for Women (SC/ST/OBC) and 5 years for NVS Employees. Age limit will be calculated as on 31/01/2014.
Selection Process: Selection for faculty posts will be made by conducting written examination and interview. A shortlist will be prepared by the Samiti on the basis of performance in written test and interview. The decision of Samiti in this context will be final. Written examination will be conducted on 22 various cities across the country.
Exam Pattern: Written test for both the posts will be of 200 marks based on General English / Hindi-20/20, GA-30, GI, Numerical Ability & Reasoning-30, Teaching Aptitude-20 and concerned subject knowledge-80. The test carries negative marking, 0.25 for each wrong answer will be deducted. It will be objective type test of 2.30 Hours.
Application Fee: Applicants are required to pay of Rs.560 at any branch of Union Bank of India using challan generated after online registration. There is no fee for SC / ST / PH and all women candidates. Fee can be paid till 01/03/2014.
How to Apply: Before filling up online application, candidates must keep scanned photograph and signature with them. Online registration will be made from 01/02/2014 to 28/02/2014 through the website www.navodaya.nic.in. Closing date of submission is 03/03/2014.
Online registration from: 01/02/2014 to 28/02/2014
Fee application fee from: 01/02/2014 to 01/03/2014
Closing date of submission: 03/03/2014
Download Admit Card from: 31/03/2014
Date of Written Examination; 27/04/2014